Exclusive news and research on the wine, spirits and beer business

News Briefs for June 2, 2017

June 2, 2017

•Kobrand Corp. has been tapped as the exclusive U.S. importer of Châteauneuf-du-Pape producer Château La Nerthe, effective immediately. One of the oldest wineries in the appellation—the vineyard was farmed as early as 1560—Château La Nerthe’s wines are certified organic, with roughly 90% of production in red, and the remaining 10% in white. The wines are available in 33 states across the U.S. Kobrand’s French portfolio also includes Maison Louis Jadot, Champagne Taittinger and Domaine Zind Humbrecht, among others. Château La Nerthe was previously imported by Pasternak Wine Imports, which was acquired by Taub Family Cos. late last year.

•Napa Valley-based marketer and importer Old Bridge Cellars has added Stags Leap District winery Clos Du Val to its lineup. Starting July 1, Old Bridge Cellars will handle national sales and marketing for Clos Du Val, which specializes in estate-grown wines from Stags Leap District, Yountville and Carneros. The winery’s portfolio includes its Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($55 a 750-ml.), Hirondelle Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($125), Three Graces Cabernet Blend ($179), Estate Pinot Noir ($40) and Estate Chardonnay ($35). Clos Du Val joins Australia’s d’Arenberg and Leeuwin Estate, Chile’s Oveja Negra, Italy’s Poggiotondo and Champagne Collet, among other labels in the Old Bridge Cellars stable.

Subscribe to Shanken News Daily’s Email Newsletter, delivered to your inbox each morning.

Tagged : , ,

Get your first look at 2017 data and 2018 projections for the wine and spirits industries. Order your 2018 Impact Databank Reports. Click here.

Previous :  Next :