Exclusive news and research on the wine, spirits and beer business

News Briefs for October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

•South Africa’s Distell Group has obtained full ownership of Atlanta-based International Beverage Company (IBC). Distell, which took on 60% of IBC via its acquisition of Burn Stewart earlier this year, has purchased the remaining 40% of the company from two stakeholders, including IBC president Peter Schwartz. IBC currently imports Burn Stewart’s Scotch whiskies—including Bunnahabhain and Scottish Leader, among others—as well as Angostura rum and a host of other spirits brands. Distell’s biggest spirits brand in the U.S. market, Amarula cream liqueur (with yearly sales of around 45,000 cases), has been handled by Aveníu Brands for the past half-decade.

•Heineken USA’s Strongbow cider has revealed its latest campaign in the U.S., including its first ever TV spots. Running under the tagline “Cider at Its Bestest,” the nationwide push focuses on Strongbow’s quality credentials, and also promotes serving the cider over ice. The campaign includes a pair of TV ads, with the first set to air this month and a second to follow later this fall, as well as traditional and paid media, digital and other marketing components. The campaign launch comes on the heels of Strongbow’s recent introduction of its new Gold Apple Hard Cider and Honey & Apple Hard Cider earlier this year.

 

Subscribe to Shanken News Daily’s Email Newsletter, delivered to your inbox each morning.

Tagged : , ,

Get your first look at 2018 data and 2019 projections for the wine and spirits industries. Order your 2019 Impact Databank Reports. Click here.

Previous :  Next :