Exclusive news and research on the wine, spirits and beer business

News Briefs for November 30, 2022

November 30, 2022

•Bardstown, Kentucky’s Heaven Hill Distillery has announced the latest Parker’s Heritage limited edition whiskey.

The 2022 iteration, the 16th release overall, is a double barreled blend of Bourbon whiskies, with 67% of the final blend made up of 13-year-old Bourbon and the remaining 33% made of 15-year-old Bourbon. Before blending, the 13-year-old whiskey was finished for four weeks in a new charred American oak barrel. The final blend comes in at 66% abv and carries a suggested price of $175 a 750-ml. Parker’s Heritage Double Barreled Blend is available across the U.S. in limited quantities.•Taylor Fladgate is launching one of its oldest wines to date with VVOP Tawny, the latest in a series of rare Ports. Retailing at $1,150, with 3,000 bottles available globally, Very Very Old Tawny Port is a blend of rare Taylor Fladgate wines, some dating to before World War II. It’s presented in a bespoke decanter and a luxury wooden case. Taylor Fladgate is imported by Kobrand in the U.S., and has annual volume of approximately 56,000 cases.

•Austin, Texas-based Still Austin Whiskey Co. has introduced The Artist, a new rye whiskey and permanent addition to the distillery’s core lineup. The whiskey is aged for at least two years before bottling at 49.8% abv. The label for the whiskey was designed by Texan artist Marc Burckhardt. It joins The Musician Bourbon in Still Austin’s core lineup. The Artist is now available in Texas for a suggested price of $50, as well as through e-commerce platform ReserveBar.

•Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum has announced the final release of the company’s Hawaii-made rums. The final batch consists of 1,000 bottles of white rum and 1,000 bottles of Red Head, Hagar’s macadamia nut, fruit, and vegetable juice-infused rum. The bottles will be sold as a set for $70, with 55 buyers receiving a bottle signed by Sammy Hagar. Hagar’s Hawaiian rums were distilled at Hali’imaile Distillery in Maui, before production shifted to Puerto Rico in 2015. The rums will be available on December 1, through Hagar’s Red Rocker website.

•123 Organic Tequila is debuting Extra Añejo Diablito Rojo, a limited edition one-off release from the brand. The 40% abv Tequila is made from estate-grown agave and aged for seven years in French oak before finishing in other French oak barrels that previously held Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Only 2,000 bottles of Diablito Rojo will be released and each carries a suggested price of $695 a bottle.

•The American Craft Spirits Association and The Spirits Training Entrepreneurship Program for Underrepresented Professionals (STEPUP Foundation) announced new interns, mentors, participating distilleries, and funding partners for 2023. Interns include Amy Salter and Ashley Grayson, both hospitality veterans, while mentors include Darci Stuhlman, a veteran of Copper & Kings, and Nicole Shriner, a consultant to brewers and distillers. STEPUP Foundation participants are guided through every facet of operating a distillery, and receive an immersive internship opportunity with a wholesaler, this year RNDC. Participating distilleries this year include Sagamore Spirit, New Riff, and Glacier. New donors include Infinium Spirits, Beam Suntory, St. George Spirits, Fast Penny Spirits, and Sagamore. They join STEPUP’s existing donors, including Diageo North America.

Subscribe to Shanken News Daily’s Email Newsletter, delivered to your inbox each morning.

Tagged : , , , , , ,

GET YOUR FIRST LOOK AT 2021 DATA AND 2022 PROJECTIONS FOR THE WINE AND SPIRITS INDUSTRIES. ORDER YOUR 2022 IMPACT DATABANK REPORTS. CLICK HERE.

Previous :  Next :